Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

And so it begins - Renaissance Polish

You may, or may not, remember I received for Christmas Legio Heroica's Polish Army at Vienna 1683. First off, I will tell these are fine 15mm figures that were easy to clean up and nicely animated and detailed. These are well worth the price my wife paid for them. LOL. As this project was one of my goals this year, I finally decided to put aside the various painting "distractions" and get down to business. Another first for me was prepping the surface with Gesso as opposed to my normal watered down black paint as primer. Jan turned me on to this stuff and so far it delivers completely sealing the painting surface. I find it takes longer to apply and I'm afraid to water it down in case it loses some of its properties. Anyway, it was worth the work. I feel the paint flowed on to the surface better and stayed put. The lighter colors didn't crack as I've seen on some of my work in the past. This alone was worth the effort.

I started with the Polish infantry. I am trying a new technique since I saw P3's line of base coat highlight paints. I bought the red and blue sets as they are the predominant Polish colors I will be using. Most of this army is cavalry so starting with the infantry was my best bet. I like the result and hope you do as well. Here are two photos of the Polish "Shot" elements for DBA-RRR.


Next up will be the Pancerni Cavalry elements. See you then!
Happy gaming!
Frank

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar